Non-Binary Top Surgery Plastic Surgeons NYC (Manhattan, NY)
Top Surgery Specialists of NYC offers Top Surgery for Non-binary (MTF/N) people. The surgical technique is very similar to either traditional female-to-male (FTM) or male-to-female (MTF), depending on the patient, except that specific alterations may be made to achieve a certain aesthetic goal, such as masculinizing the chest contour but removing the nipples and areolae. Our board certified plastic surgeons regularly work with Non-Binary patients and we have processes in place to help ensure our practice offers a welcoming environment for all patients.
As best in class, Top Surgery specialist plastic surgeons, we support and endorse the Standards of Care by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). WPATH does not require hormone therapy to be eligible for Top Surgery. An exception to this is if you are trying to get United States insurance coverage for Top Surgery, you may find that 1 year of hormone supplementation may be required your insurance carrier – this will vary from case to case. It is best to contact your insurance carrier to find out your coverage prior to your consultation with us.
Please Note: Our boutique specialized Top Surgery practice can get you on the calendar for surgery within a month of your consultation.
Top Surgery Specialists of NYC provides:
- Experienced board certified, best in class plastic surgeons
- We can help you find out if Top Surgery is a benefit covered by your insurance carrier
- You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of a top-rated concierge environment in Manhattan, NY: without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork
- Top Surgery can either be performed in our own boutique office-based surgical suite or at a nearby top-rated ambulatory surgical center
- We offer virtual online consultations for patients anywhere in the world
- Multidisciplinary care for our patients
- The ability to finance your Top Surgery procedure with CareCredit
Dr. Blechman & his staff are everything I could have asked for and more. Surgery can be a scary prospect but I immediately felt confident in my decision to go to them after my initial consultation. I am 3 months post-op and have never felt better. Beyond feeling more comfortable physically and mentally, the aesthetic results blew me away. I would recommend them to anyone who is considering plastic surgery. ~ Google
The WPATH Standards of Care requirements for having Non-Binary Top Surgery include:
- Persistent, well-documented gender dysphoria
- Capacity to make a fully informed decision and to consent for treatment
- Age of majority in a given country (if younger, follow the SOC for children and adolescents)
- If significant medical or mental health concerns are present, they must be reasonably well controlled
- Hormone supplementation is not a pre-requisite
FTM/N Top Surgery
FTM/N Top Surgery eliminates “female” breast characteristics and make the chest appear more “masculine” or androgynous – this is achieved surgically with a “total” mastectomy. Some patients may choose to have their nipples and areolae removed.
MTF/ N Top Surgery
MTF/N Top Surgery eliminates “male” breast characteristics and make the breast “feminine” or androgynous with breast augmentation surgery (breast implants). MTF/N is a highly customizable surgical procedure. Breast implants are continually evolving and special models cater to the unique Top Surgery needs of each individual. Top Surgery Specialists of NYC goal is to make your breast augmentation look as natural as possible.
Top Surgery Specialists of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each Non-Binary Top Surgery patient from the initial consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the best in class, board certified plastic surgeons and our staff to adhere to the utmost standards of excellence in patient care and final surgical outcome. As top-rated, best in class Top Surgery specialists we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. The goal of Top Surgery is to achieve the most natural result possible and to help satisfy our patient’s physical transition goals. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a Top Surgery consultation, please feel free to contact us:
Top Surgery Specialists of NYC
800A 5th Ave
New York, NY 10065